Life is full of tiny bits of happiness that we tend to take for granted. Or if you are like me, these tiny bits of happiness are what you strive for every day. For me, it is the little things. Most of them are just around my house. Why not? Considering I spend 99% of my time in my house. But there are certain things in my home that make me intensely happy.
All of us have at least a couple of these little bits. They can be something that nobody else could possibly find joy in, like the smell of your husband’s pillow, or something that we all see like the smile of a baby.
Here is a list in no particular order with some of the odd bits of life that I love. Some you will find boring, perhaps, but all of which make *me* blissfully happy. And as we have covered a lot lately, this blog *is* all about me. Yay me!
- Candles – I try to light at least one candle in my house a day. Although it sometimes gets put on the back burner. Right now I am addicted to these Pomegranate candles from Target. The smell makes me insanely happy. And all it takes is one to send the smell through the entire house! (So I light three. *grin*)
- My Books – The look, feel and smell of a new book always makes my heart melt! The anticipation of reading the book is an amazing feeling. I have a LOT of books to be read and they make me smile just thinking of them sitting all alone in nervous anticipation of me opening their pages.
- Matching Flatware or as I have always called it Silverware – I bought a new set of beautiful silverware (not made of silver) last year and for the first time in my life I have an entire set of silverware that matches! Not a whole bunch of mixed matched knives and forks from different sets. It’s weird, I know, but every time I open the drawer and see my beautiful set of flatware, I smile and sigh with contentment.
- Seltzer – Nothing sends me a zing like my drug drink of choice, LaCroix Lime Seltzer. Ice cold and just opened? Can’t think of anything on the planet I would rather drink. Alcohol included. If you know me, you know THAT is a bold statement. 🙂 I drink a 12 pack of these bad boys every day. That is typically ALL I drink. And that’s why I buy it in bulk from the grocery store once a month.
- My Saint Patrick’s Day Coffee Mug – It’s like St. Patty’s Day every day in this house. Because that mug is the best mug EVA!! So I use it every day for my hot tea. It’s perfection.
- Giggling – My husband and my son have the best giggles and laughs in the world! It is one of my favorite sounds and it too makes me blissfully happy. It’s a feeling I can’t replicate. And I love it. I couldn’t make any list of things I love without including their giggles.
It may be a goofy list. But it’s my happy list. Yay me! (btw, Yay Me! is now my new motto. I plan to use it often. Soak it up. :))
What are your bits of happiness? What are the little things that make you blissfully happy?