Being a stay at home Mom is a privilege. One that I love the opportunity of having. It is my favorite job and I wouldn’t give it up for anything in the world. But it is still a JOB. Anyone who doesn’t agree with me can meet me at the flagpole after school!!
There are days when I feel like my job duties are monotonous and draining. And then I have the dreaded “I don’t wanna” feeling. All Mom’s do, right?
Well it has been raining non-stop for like 1290387412398412390 days and as I have expressed before, I *NEED* sunshine for my sanity. When the weather gets like this I tend to start falling off in the chore department. Laundry, house cleaning and even grocery shopping.
When I was single, I loved how on those days when I didn’t feel like grocery shopping, I could hop into my car, in my pajamas at whatever time I felt the urge, take a measly 3 bucks and get a fairly yummy dinner from my nearest fast food dump restaurant. Then even better, no cooking and no dishes!! Not really beneficial for my waistline but hey, what’s my waistline ever REALLY done for me?
Last week, I had to really start getting creative when it came to meals and snacks. I have the basics to keep us going. But I am usually so OCD that I have a list on the fridge of the meals I am going to make for the week. Seriously. It says on the top in bold script Meals by Mommy. 🙂
That is how I *usually* roll. But then the rain hits me and all I care about is laying around, reading books to Jimmy, pretending my jammies are every day clothes, and letting the minutes slowly tick by during the day.
Then every day I glance at the clock around five o’clock and go “OH SHIT! What am I going to make for dinner?!?!” And then proceed to run around the kitchen like a nut trying to find something suitable to feed us all. The benefit to this is that I have created some really great meals with this tactic. Meals that Hubby has asked me to repeat.
I am starting to ramble? Oh. Sorry. Here is my actual point. YES I did have one.
All of this made me start thinking of the little things that I miss. None of which are missed enough to give up this rockin’ Mommy job of course, but they are things that I miss. So I am going to share some of them with you.
- Sleeping in (or the possibility of EVER sleeping in again)
- Pooping alone (they should tell kids in high school about this one! That would help eliminate a LOT of teen pregnancy, don’t you think? Lol) Although when you have the toddler and both dogs in there, you can pretend it’s a party. How fun, right? *eyeroll*
- Playing loud music in the car and SINGING out loud! (and Monkey loves my singing! *sigh*)
- Sex anywhere in the house we want, whenever we want. (I suppose there are always naps! LOL)
- Talking on the phone (which is the exact point in my sons head that he feels he needs to be the absolute LOUDEST he can possibly be… EVER!)
- Sunday lazy movies days spent all day on the couch in our jammies (now if we try to watch any movie that doesn’t have Baby PainInTheAssCauseItsAllWeEverGetToWatch Einstein on the cover, Monkey screams and hits the TV, which makes movie watching less than pleasurable)
- Reading a book (I never thought I would have to give this up *sigh*)
- Going out to see a movie (in a THEATER!) anytime I want.
- Basically just having any privacy
I would love for everyone to share something they miss after becoming a Mommy. And if you are not a Mommy, what is something you miss from… ummm… drawing a blank here… ummm…. You decide. Kay?
Oh and thank BOB for the sun finally coming out this weekend!! I feel much better!! (Aside from the first trimester exhaustion, of course.)
Got the grocery shopping done. Got the house cleaned… err… well sort of. Things are sort of getting back to normal around these parts. Mommy’s gloom is clearing. 🙂
Now today we have the ultrasound at 10:15 to check on the pregnancy. That in and of itself is going to give me a heart attack. Pray for me. Please! 🙂