I was tagged by my little Sis, Linds in facebook to write 25 random things about myself. I apologize up front to those of you who brave the boring read 🙂
Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose some people to be tagged. You should tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)
1) Part of me LOVES facebook and the other part is SUPER ANNOYED with it 🙂
2) I am a firm believer that there should be 34 hours in each day so that I can accomplish at least half of what is on my daily “To Do” list.
3) I have a weakness when it comes to animals and all living creatures. To the point that when I see an animal get hurt on a movie, even if I know it is computer graphics, I cry like a wiener. I can’t handle even harming a plant, so much so that I continue to nurture 2 plants in my house that have 5 or 6 leaves between them. But I refuse to throw them away on the off chance they may have feelings. I know its crazy but no matter how hard I try, I still can’t kill them.
4) I have a ton of fears that range from common and every day to irrational and down right silly. For example, I am afraid of spiders, heights, falling, death, cancer, drowning, loneliness, infertility, missing out on anything my son does, crowded shopping, lightening, bugs, germs and being forgotten.
5) I have a pen pal who lives in NC that I write letters to. Real letters. Even though we can talk online, we still chose to write letters. I LOVE it.
6) I go in phases with my photography. One week I think I am amazing at it and can’t wait to take a picture. The next week I think I am the worst and can’t bring myself to pick up my camera. I have no idea why I have these issues with it but always hope this will be the day I love it.
7) When I hear a new song I love, I will get the CD and listen to that one song repeatedly for days and days… just replaying it over and over. Sometimes I never even hear the rest of the album. I don’t know why I do this because I know I am short changing myself with everything else the artist has to offer to me. 😦
8) I have a super strong sense of smell. I even did when I smoked and after I quit it only got stronger. Now there are smells all day that remind me of moments in time. I can smell something and remember the first time I smelled it. What I was doing, what I was wearing, where I was and with whom.
9) My memory is HORRIBLE. This is one of the reasons why I love my sense of smell so much. There are huge chucks of time in my memory that I just forget. It isn’t because of a traumatic event or anything specific, because the chunks come and go sometimes. I have even asked my physician about it and they are “unconcerned”. lol
10) I believe in past lives and reincarnation. I believe in spirit and souls. I believe that everyone has a purpose in each life. But I don’t believe in “a God”. I have a belief but not one that is easily explained in a little “note”. :o)
11) I love seltzer water. I drink it in mass doses and don’t drink anything else. I sometimes secretly wonder if I could actually live without it. But am too scared to try :o)
12) I am an obsessive list maker. I even write “to do” lists listing all of the “to do” lists that i need to make! I know I am obsessed but I am sure that if I just keep at it, my life will be organized to my satisfaction some day. Sommmme… daaaay.
13) I have been watching the same soap oprah, All My Children, for 20 plus years and never miss an episode. I don’t even like it and yet I can’t stop. I am afraid that as soon as I stop, I will miss something. It’s foolish.
14) My first crush was Jimmy Smits as Victor Sifuentes on LA Law in 1986. My mom would let me stay up late to watch it with her when I was 9.
15) I spend more than half my time wondering if I am good enough. In pretty much everything I do. And I HATE it.
16) I worry entirely too much about what other people think of me. This is something I am working on and plan to overcome.
17) I am a really good cook. I prefer my cooking over going out to a restaurant any day. And luckily so does my husband. :o)
18) When ever I see a person begging for money on the side of the road, I give them any cash if I have it. And I don’t care what they buy with it. I just feel good knowing that I helped.
19) I am an obsessive spender at the grocery store and Target. No matter how I go about trying to spend less, it almost always backfires on me and I spend more. Even when I stick to my list which is most times. I am completely baffled by this.
20) I spend more time on my blackberry and my computer than I do talking on the phone. For some reason, I find it much easier to text and type to someone that to talk to them on the phone. It is for this very reason that I love that texting has become so mainstream.
21) My favorite time of day is when everyone has fallen asleep and I can allow myself to sit in silence and darkness and digest the days events. I think I get going to fast each day trying to get everything I need done that I forget to enjoy small moments. It’s in that quiet time at the end of the day that I reflect on all the tiny little moments when I forgot to smile or frown or simply react.
22) I am mildly addicted to sex and all that it involves. Reading about it, watching it, thinking about it, dreaming about it and most importantly doing it. *blush*
23) I am a complete homebody. So much so that, unlike my darling sister, I have no interest in EVER leaving the United States. The idea scares the crap outta me!
24) I LOVE my feet! After a fresh pedicure I feel like a million bucks! I don’t know why I love them, but I think it’s because they are the only part of my body that hasn’t gotten chubby or stretch marks or wrinkled!! haha
25) I am secretly petrified that I will go to my grave and not read all of the books that I want to read. I KNOW that is so silly, but I think about it almost daily!
Ok… WHEW! That was hard work!! lol
Can’t wait to read what everyone else wrote!